HopeStreet Gambling Help currently offers two vital services: Gambling Help and Financial Counselling.
A gambling problem can be identified by spending more money on gambling than is affordable as well as spending too much time gambling. Gambling problems may not be easily disclosed but could be accompanied by social difficulties, relationship issues, financial problems, housing and legal difficulties, mental health issues including depression, anxiety and suicidal thinking.
Financial counselling is available to assist with financial issues from problem gambling.
Our professional Gambling Counsellors deliver face to face, telephone or online counselling. No referrals are required.
Treatment for problem gambling
A 6-8 week evidence based structured Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Treatment Program, which includes:
- strategies for harm minimisation (controlled gambling) or abstinence (quitting completely)
- sessions on maintaining recovery and managing relapse
- Follow up sessions to support recovery goals
- Self Exclusion Programs, which apply to approximately 35 venues (including AHA hotels and Clubs NSW) if requested
Help for family and friends
- Counselling for partners or family members affected by someone else's gambling problem
- Individual, couple and/or family sessions and workshops are available to provide information, strategies, self-care, peer support and break down feelings of isolation
Financial assistance for this project was provided by the New South Wales Government from the Responsible Gambling Fund and enables us to offer gambling counselling to people living in and around suburbs such as Alexandria, Centennial Park, Chippendale, Darlinghurst, Kings Cross, Paddington, Pyrmont, Redfern, Sydney CBD, Surry Hills, Ultimo and Woolloomooloo, Bondi, Bondi Junction, North Bondi, Clovelly, Coogee, Kensington, Kingsford, Matraville, Eastgardens, Daceyville, Hillsdale, Maroubra,, Botany, Eastlakes, and Randwick.
Book an Appointment
3D/140 William Street
P: (02) 9332 3506
Suite 701A / Level 7
9-13 Bronte Rd,
Bondi Junction (opposite Westfield)
P: (02) 9332 3506
Gambling Help 24 hours
P: 1800 858 858